Thursday, August 19, 2010

Soccer and Babs

In addition to my trip to Stockholm this past weekend (I'll get those pictures up in a couple days), last week saw me blessed with a visit from the one and only Barbara Breckinridge. She has been dragged here to the frozen north to do some research for her thinking persons degree that is currently occupying most of her time down in good ole Austin. While I'm still not sure why in the hell that research had to be done way out here, I was indeed grateful for the opportunity to see and hang out with a friendly face.


Just as fun and gorgeous as I remember! Good times. That picture is actually us at a metal bar we found called Unholy. Also the same place that we got this picture...


In case you couldn't guess, this was their translation for "bathroom". Charming to say the least. The bar as a whole was pretty sweet and is a legit Black metal bar in central Oslo. Black metal is pretty rad and I recommend everyone giving a listen, I for one will be returning as soon as I get my hearing back.

We also checked out a nice little food spot with an excellent nautical them (Nick you would've loved it). It was overlooking this little market area near the old opera house...


The place was in those archways in the back. Somehow I only got this one picture of the inside. Included in said picture is Matt, a professor and friend of Babs'. An excellent chap who made great conversation. Good stories all around were told.


That pic is actually very strange, we look like we're staring each other down and getting ready to headbutt or something. Perhaps those empty glasses of beer had something to do with it...

More Babs

Me, Babs, and her friend who I can't remember the name of

That last picture was at a gay bar we "accidentally" wandered into. Poorly decorated in our opinion, but the karaoke was sung with righteous passion. Elton John would've been proud.

Lastly, tonight I had my first game as part of the company soccer team, the Point Carbon Rovers! It was awesome even though I am a horrendous soccer player. Mayhaps that had something to do with our 3-1 defeat. Either that or the yellow card I got for jacking a guy up fighting for a header. Soccer players are such pansies. The biggest upside to this though is I will be in even better shape when I start playing lax with the locals. Legendary.

2 comments:

  1. seb did you go to a tanning bed? you're giving off a healthy golden glow and i'm pretty sure you don't like sun. what gives??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the company kits. Much, much better than the t-shirts that populate the NYC professionals leagues.

    ReplyDelete