Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The neighborhood

Just a quick post of some of the stuff in the area around my apartment including...


... Lyst, a half decent coffee/food shop right on my corner. Still trying to figure out how the name translates, Google says Want, but he reviews say Light. Me confused. However, they do have a mean burger and the burger coffee combo was about 130NOK, not too shabby.

Here now Toyen park, my local patch of frolicking greenery.




A pretty decent, although it looks like the botanical gardens that are next to it are even sweeter. Haven't explored those yet, maybe I will check them out on my next run. Which reminds me, living in a walking city where it's expensive to eat out and you don't understand the language well enough to shop for much else besides hot dogs and chicken is a fantastic way to lose weight!

Next, at the risk of seeming like a psycho UFO spotter, I tried to capture the Holmenkollen ski jump from my balcony this morning.


Didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but I assure you it's there and clearly visible from my place. Till next time.

1 comment: