Monday, August 9, 2010

Fjord Beach

I tried getting some good pictures of the locals over the weekend as per the request of several of you out there but was mostly unsuccessful. It would seem that the dark, crowded, and disco dance filled environs of the Grunerlokka bar/club scene are not ideal for picture taking. So i got like 3 blurry and black pictures of what is either a floor, a person, or a person I accidentally knocked on the floor, the details are hazy. However, company sponsored happy hour this Wednesday, so hopefully I can give some pictures from that of what Oslonians look like. Hint: they resemble people.

I did have a great fish and mussel soup on the company dime on Friday though.


'Twas delicious.

Also went to one of the small islands in the Oslofjord called Hovedoya. Pretty dope spot and there a some beaches which are particularly popular when the weather is as nice as it was on Saturday.


I'm not one for crowds so I decided to do a little exploring and find a spot of my own to spend the day. A little hiking and exploratory climbing and voila!




Nicely done Mr. Mankowski. The picture above makes it look like I pissed on the wall, but I assure you I did not and that's simply the way the stone looked. I would NEVER even think about defiling such an exquisite example of the outdoors that Oslo has to offer. I did however pee in the water because I was cold.

And what did I have to do to get to this spot? Climb down this...


It's actually not as bad as it looks here, definitely meant that I was free from bothering.

Also, snagged a sweet sunset picture off the balcony that I will finish with.

No comments:

Post a Comment