Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lax in Oslo

Last night I had my first meet up with the local lax bros and to paraphrase the immortal words of Brian Cox from The Ringer, I looked like freakin' Carl Lewis out there. To be fair, the most experienced players at the "tryouts", including the members of last year's squad, have been playing for less than a year. They let me skip the tryout part of the session, which was nice, and it's now looking like I will be the coach as well as a player.

Even though the competition isn't exactly strong, I am very much looking forward to the experience. We have a squad of solid athletes and if I can pass along at least a few of the lessons acquired via the "Mike Murphy Insano Training Regime", then we could be possibly the best team in Norway. I am very excited for the opportunity to build something here, this could be my Norwegian legacy!

Additionally, they had a bunch of girls out who may end up being the first girls lax team in Norway, which would be awesome on so many levels. As a fall back, they said if they couldn't get a team together they would be our cheerleaders, so uh...yeah, win win.

2 comments:

  1. You son of a bitch. Figures you'd go to Norway and get more enthusiastic support for lacrosse than we got while playing in college. First order of business should clearly be learning how to jump by only raising your knees to your chest. Second, agility stations. Third, sending some of those cheerleaders my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill take a cheerleader or two if you looking to unload some inventory.

    Raf

    ReplyDelete