Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Opera

Had my first experience with the relatively new Oslo Opera House this weekend when I went to see Tosca. It was the first time I saw that particular opera and it indeed lived up to all the praise I've heard about it. The opera itself was great, performances overall very good, the only downside was that the woman who played Tosca was kinda fugly. Eh, they can't all be winners. Below I'm putting some pics and a quick panoramic video I took of the outside. It's got an iceberg/ice cube theme going on and has won several big (apparently) architectural awards over recent years. I was pleased.






Lacrosse practice also is proceeding in earnest, these guys may have some potential. I'm trying to do my best Mike Murphy impression to turn em into a legitimate squad. Decent athletes with no game sense or stick skills = strong defense. That's the plan anyway, hopefully we'll patch together some offense along the way. All in all, it's a great thing to be a part of and they seem to be having fun getting yelled at and doing stick drills so far.

Have another!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is so much fun to follow you!!!!!! Love it over and over again!!!!!! OXLM

    ReplyDelete