Saturday, July 31, 2010

Apartment

Unfortunately the videos are sideways, sorry, will take into account for next time, but for now you shall deal with it.




So this is the apartment I moved into last night. I love it so far, pretty cool neighborhood, not the nicest in the city but very multicultural and lots of good spots to eat and drink as well as the sweet park. As I described in the videos, the guy I'm renting from LOVES gadgets and electronics, remote control lights, remote control door lock, an audio/video system that as close as I can tell must have run the guy at least $6k. Plus it's got a great view off the balcony and is right next to a metro stop. So basically my landlord seems to be a version of me from the future who came back in time to set me up with a sweet apartment since he knew I was coming.

Today I also made my first trek out into the Nordmarka and visited Songsvann (popular local lake) and hiked through the woods and hills. It is absolutely gorgeous and only a 25 minutes door-to-forest metro ride. Since I've posted a lot of pictures of greenery lately, I'm going to save those for tomorrow and leave you with the apartment videos for now. Time for a shower and then to give a go at the local bars and nightlife, wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. This is the Blair Witch of apartment tours but with slightly less crying. Pretty nice pad, the murphy bed is a little rough but full size fridge and a balcony are huge pickups. Future you deserves a big thanks from present you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Murphy Beds — Charming to the Unsophisticated" ~Mel Brooks, Silent Movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick place. Can't wait to crash it!

    PS - are they going to egg you if you wear your Backes jersey, or do they have a kind of a truce for sweet hockey players?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was talking to a guy today and he said that Sweden is considered like the "big brother", so I think they're down with Nicky. Just have to figure out the best way to catch Caps games over here now, time difference is gonna be a bitch...

    ReplyDelete