Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 5

Panorama picture from halfway up Nonstind

Day 4 we were socked in with rain and fog, so no post for that. However, today was magnificent. Absolutely spectacular. I also made my first true summit, 1570 meters on Nonstind, with a total of 1120 meters skiied up from the parking which was at 450 meters.

So I am 1 for 3 on summit attempts with Kjøvskardstind on day 1 ending at only about 1100 meters (turned back due to being knackered) and our Hesten attempt on day 2 making it to about 1250 meters (had to turn back because of snow storm coming in).

The weather today is just unbelievable as well, warm and sunny as all hell with clear skies and a gentle breeze. Summiting was an awesome feeling and the view was unreal. I also managed to get a summit picture with the teddy bear my mom sent for my birthday (thanks Mom!).

Summit Bear was pleased














1 comment:

  1. That photo with the bear is almost too cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete